Check the UV index easily with this beautifully designed utility app.
• Animated gauge that displays the current UV index in your location.
• Exposure time recommendations and protection instructions.
• Indicator that displays how the current UV index has changed compared to the previous index displayed by the app.
• High altitudes affect the displayed UV index, the impact is calculated according to WHO’s guidelines.
• Possibility to share, e.g. Tweet or SMS, a UV radiation alert.
• Detailed UV data view that shows the current, previous and all time highest UV index.
• The UI language is determined from the OS language; English (default), Finnish, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, German, Turkish and Dutch are currently supported.
The gauge, protection instructions and recommendations for how long one should be exposed to sunlight vary according to the UV index scale. The app displays the UV index measured at the observation station closest to the user. The closest observation station is resolved based on the current location of the mobile device.
The purpose of this app is to help people protect themselves from UV radiation. Exposure to strong UV radiation is harmful. Sunburn causes premature ageing of skin and it may also lead to skin cancer. UV radiation may also weaken the immune system and damage the eyes.
The observation data is fetched from different sources depending on the user’s location. Sources include: World Weather Online, the Finnish Meteorological Institute and the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA).
Observation data for Finland is read in real-time from a service provided by the the Finnish Meteorological Institute. The data displayed in the application is licensed by the Finnish Meteorological Institute: en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/open-data-licence.
Observation data for Australia is read in real-time from a service provided by the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA). The data displayed in the application is licensed by ARPANSA: arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/realtime/xmlrt.htm.
The UV index is an international standard measurement of the strength of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun at a particular place on a particular day.
See detail information and download apk file for your android phone: https://goo.gl/V0XhP8