Advanced US weather program with partial support for Canada.
NOTE: Help is available from the main menu and by tapping on any text in the settings activities.
NOTE about Canada: Canadian locations can be added under Settings -> Location -> “plus” symbol but you need to access the options under the sub-menu. You can also use the main search bar at the top but for now you must use a suggested location and can’t add an arbitrary location. This will be enhanced in the future. If you plan to only use Canadian locations you can modify your home screen under Settings->Homescreen and choose “Reset to default ( Canada )” to allow a radar image on the homescreen from your nearest radar site. If you have any issues please feel free to contact me via email.
– Current forecast, 7 day conditions, sounding data for an unlimited number of locations from NWS.
– Customizable home screen
– Tiles can be rearranged by long press and then drag and drop on Tabs: SPC, MISC, and IMAGES
– OpenGL based Nexrad radar interface with optional overlays for polygon warnings, Watches, MCDs, and MPDs, storm tracks, estimated hail markers, TVS, spotters, and GPS updated location. Level 2 in the lowest tilt for base reflectivity/velocity is also available. 2 pane and 4 pane version also available in MISC tab.
– Optimized text product viewer for easy access to AFD,HWO and others from any NWS WFO.
– Vis/IR/WV/Radar mosaic viewer ( with animations ).
– Widgets ( nexrad radar, radar mosaic, vis, afd/hwo )
– SPC products ( such as Watches/MCDs/Convective Outlooks/Mesoanalysis/Storm reports with archived radar )
– WPC products
– Weather models
– Text to speech including an offline “PlayList” functionality. Additionally numerous weather related acronyms commonly used by the NWS are translated for optimal Android TTS experience.
– Voice recognition on main screen for access to common functions.
– NHC products
– Material Design theme including support for Android 4.2-4.4.
– Easy access to twitter state weather tags such as #okwx.
– Configurable including multiple color themes.
– Local alerts
– MCDs impacting your location
– MPDs impacting your location
– Convective outlooks for your location
– US MCD/Watches
– US tornadoes
– US MCD
– US MPD
– NHC Atlantic and EPAC advisories
Requirements: Android 4.1 or higher with 1GB of memory at a minimum ( recommended ).
Access required: App needs access to Your Location, Network Communication, Systems tools ( run at start-up for alerts ).
Suggestions / bug reports always welcomed.
wX is licensed under the following license available online at ( and in source kit ):
Source code at:
Release notes at:
See detail information and download apk file: https://goo.gl/4H0BIW